Winter Wellness Weapons


School has started here in Florida and that means what? 
SICK CHILDREN!
For those of you who know me, you know that in the Andrew household we try to fight things as naturally as possible. Not to say that we're against medicine, because we're not. Antibiotics and medications definitely have their place, but they are completely overused. We have become a society that is over medicated and over vaccinated! We want to cure everything with a magic pill and the drug industry is making a killing off us! 
I must say (knock on wood) that we aren't nearly as sick as many people I know. I don't run to the doctor at the first sign of a cold or sniffle, and I don't turn to prescription drugs unless they are absolutely necessary.
Every winter, we follow this immune boosting schedule that I wanted to share. 
 Here are our tried and true Winter Wellness Weapons. We have been using them for years around here, and Tommy is now following in our footsteps.
I am NOT a doctor, nor do I claim to be. I am a wife and mother who just wants the best for her family and these are products that I use and I believe in!

~Oscillococcinum This is one of my favorite things on the market! I have no idea what is in these magic little beads but they are just that, MAGIC! Take at the first sign of a cold or chill and you will beat it! I'm telling you it works! My husband swears by these. He's a singer and CAN NOT get sick! They can be pricey, but amazon has good deals on packs of 30. Go get 'em! I've already stocked my medicine cabinet with 60 doses!

~ZARBEE'S Children's cough syrup- When Tommy has a cough, this is the ONLY thing that helps him sleep. Again, it's all natural and it works! They also have a nighttime syrup which we use. Want to read the Zarbee's story? Click HERE.

~Franklin and Friends chewable Vitamin D3- When flu season begins, we take Vitamin D3 every morning. Mike and I take 5,000 IU of Naturewise Vitamin D3, and Tommy takes 800 IU of the Franklin D's. Our pediatrician doesn't believe in Flu shots and studies have proven that Vitamin D can be just as effective as the Flu vaccine. I'm sticking with Vitamin D since the few times I received the vaccine, I GOT the Flu. No thank you!

~Natures Way original Sambucus Standardized Elderberry Syrup for kids- Tommy gets 2 teaspoons of this everyday, during Flu season and another 2 teaspoons at night if he's sick. He LOVES the taste, which makes it easy! Elderberry boosts the immune system, improves heart health, and is used for coughs, colds, flu, bacterial and viral infections as well as tonsillitis. Elderberry juice was used to treat a flu epidemic in Panama in 1995. Pretty amazing stuff! I'm making my own elderberry syrup  for Mike and I this year with THIS recipe.

~Standard Process Congaplex- I saved this for last, because this is a new one for us this year. I've heard incredible things about it, and thought we'd give it a shot. They make capsules for adults and also chewable tablets for children. This is something you are only supposed to take short term, when a cold has either started or you feel one coming on. It is NOT to be used for preventative measures. I hear it you take it at the first sign of a cold you will have that cold for two days max. And as many colds as kids get, I am excited and hopeful. Read the Amazon reviews, and read about Congaplex HERE.

So there you have it! 
Wishing everyone a healthy flu season! 
Thanks for reading!

No comments