BUILT-INS


I know you can't believe it, 2 posts within 3 days! 
We have officially been in our new house 1 year, and although I haven't done a house tour post (we still have so much to do), I couldn't resist showing off our new built-ins that Michael custom built.

This room was used as an office by the precious owner, that we decided to turn into a library. We have so many books and I really feel that there is nothing like built in book cases. The room is rectangular, so Michael took the far back wall and worked his magic and I LOVE how they turned out. I wish these pictures could capture the quality of his workmanship, but you'll just have to take my word for it. We joke that these bookcases are so strong they're like a bunker and if anything happens, the bookcase will protect us. It's that strong!


Michael building the frame.
 I feel SO LUCKY to have a husband that can do all these things!


And the finished product!
That Earmes recliner is the perfect spot to curl up and read a good book!
The picture hanging above the chair will eventually become a long window.  Like I said, we have big plans for this house and although I know it can't all happen in a day, I will eventually have lots of cool "before and afters" to share, so stay tuned!


Thanks for reading!

1 comment

Michelle said...

wow, it looks great!!