Jake


My Buddy Jake passed away last Thursday.
He was more than a dog. He was my best friend, and he is sorely missed.
I've written about Jake in the past in this post and again in this post. People who know me and knew Jake know the the special bond we shared. I came upon this beautiful poem and it describes the loss I feel for Jake better than I could ever express it myself.
If you have ever loved a pet, you will understand.
This is dedicated to my sweet boy.

MY FOREVER PET

"There's something missing in my home,
I feel it day and night,
I know it will take time and strength
Before things feel quite right.

But just for now, I need to mourn,
My heart-- it needs to mend.
Though some may say it's 'just a pet'
I know I've lost a friend.

You've brought such laughter to my home,
and richness to my days...
A constant friend through joy or loss,
 With gentle loving ways.

Companion, pal and confidante,
A friend I won't forget,
You'll live for always in my heart,
My sweet forever pet.."

RIP Jake
(7-18-04 to 3-16-17)


1 comment

Michelle said...

So sorry for your loss, losing a pet is difficult. thinking of you!