Christmas Magic


Twas the night before Christmas, when all through our house, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse; the stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicolas soon would be there. Blah, blah, blah, you know the rest. 
We decided to do an early Christmas eve dinner and bathed and dressed Tommy early to drive around the neighborhood to see all the twinkling lights. We used to do that when I was a kid and I thought it was so the greatest! My neighborhood gets "mad props" this year with the amount of people who put up lights and silly inflatable Santa's and snowmen. So much tacky fun!
Next Tommy put out Santa's goodies, and off to bed he went.


The following morning I think I was even more excited than he was. Excited to experience Christmas through a three year old's eyes. He ran into the living room and was in awe of all those gifts. I think he was a bit in shock and overwhelmed by the whole experience!


We grabbed our coffee, (chocolate milk for Tommy), and dove right in, and boy was it MAGICAL! And then..................................
.............................
...............
.......
...
THIS HAPPENED!


Tommy could not understand why Michael and I would get gifts too. Here I am opening a beautiful butterfly necklace from Michael. Tommy is less than enthused!


He just can't believe it!


How dare Santa Clause get me a butterfly necklace, how dare he!

In all seriousness, between the meltdowns, it really was magical, but Michael and I discussed how we have some work ahead of us before next Christmas. It's time to explain to Tommy what Christmas is REALLY all about. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  Stay tuned for my FULL Christmas blog post tomorrow.
 Have a nice week.
xxoo

No comments