Cali Rae

VIA
My sweet butterfly Cali,
It's been three years, but your passing doesn't seem anymore real. It's like a dream I know I can't wake from, but still wish I could. 

I recently heard a quote that went something like this.....When you lose a child, you are haunted with a lifetime of wonder.

I was Christmas shopping the other day and right in the entrance of the store was a beautiful pink dollhouse. It was so precious that I had to stop and stare at it. The roof had hinges and it opened up to all these beautiful little rooms full of imagination, and I immediately thought of you. I wondered if you would like that dollhouse, and even though you aren't here, I still wanted to buy you that beautiful dollhouse because you are forever my daughter. 
 I wonder about you everyday.
Would your hair be long?
Would you and your brother be close?
Would you wear tutus? 
What would you want for Christmas?
Would you love butterflies?

I love you and miss you Cali Rae. There isn't a day that that goes by that you aren't on my mind and in my heart. 
♥♥♥
You are three years gone, but I am three years closer to seeing you again.
Much love and peace,
Mommy

1 comment

Bonnie O'Connell said...

I, too, miss you everyday and will be with you someday.

I love you, Grandma