Secret Winter Weapons

Flu season has arrived, and I know this, because every single grocery or drug store I walk into is offering the Flu shot. Some are even offering coupons for shopping if you get one. Wow!
Anyone who knows me, knows that I'll go the more alternative route whenever I can. I'm not a big fan of the flu shot, and while it is beneficial for some, I don't feel that it's necessary for all. The only two times I received the Flu shot, I GOT the Flu, so I steer clear of it. But.... to each his own. I figure the best way to avoid the Flu is with preventative measures, so if you are interested in staying healthy this season the natural way, please read on. 



I've stocked my medicine cabinet with the above products and I am ready to go. I swear by these products, along with lots of handwashing, and avoiding situations where the likelyhood of picking up the dredded Flu is a possibility. I avoid the mall like the plague. I mean..... why tackle the annoying crowds anyway when you can shop online in the privacy of your own home right? Thank you Amazon for carrying just about anything known to man kind! I also avoid flying (at least until my preemie boy is past the age of 2) and I use the grocery store wipes like they are going out of style!

So, are a few of my "Secret Weapons!"

-OSCILLOCOCCINUM- Try pronouncing that! Okay, this is sort of a best kept secret. I'm almost afraid to let you in on this one with the fear if will go flying off the shelves and I won't be able to get it! But trust me, this stuff is nothing short of a miracle! Michael introduced it to me years ago, and it's not cheap, but it works. The second you feel Flu-like symptons, pour a capsule of these miracle beads into your mouth and I can pretty much guarantee you won't get it. If you do, this stuff will knock it out FAST. I had a bad cold a few weeks ago and it was completely gone within 3 days. I know! They make it for kids too. I get mine on Amazon because they seem to have the best deal. 

-VITAMIN D3 (10,000 IU)- We load up on D for the winter. During Flu season, Michael and I take 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 a day, which has also done wonders for Michael's skin. I give Tommy the D3 drops which can also be purchased on Amazon.

-SIN JIN BAU A.I.R. Tea- I discovered this miracle tea from Tommy's peditrician. It's not sold in stores, but you can get it online HERE.  I had a friend whose two sons had the flu last year and she and her husband both avoided it by drinking this tea and taking the Oscillococcinum. I bought 3 bottles. It's made for children and adults. Tastes good too!

-BURTS BEES ALOE & WITCH HAZEL HAND SANITIZER- I love this stuff. I have a bottle in the car and one in my purse. If you can't wash your hands, hand sanitizer is the next best thing. Make sure whichever sanitizer you choose contains at least 60% alcohol.

and lastly.......

-SAMBUCUS ELDERBERRY SYRUP- This is a new remedy for me and I am so excited! I started Tommy on 1 teaspoon a day last week, and Michael and I are starting with 2 teaspoons a day soon. Google it! Elderberry is the only herb proven to fight the flu and prevent replication. I have read nothing but amazing things when it comes to Elderberry syrup and it's success preventing and healing the flu, or common cold. There are plenty of recipes on the internet where you can make your own. I'm going to try that next. I bought mine on Amazon HERE.  Read the reviews, they're great!  They also make one for kids which I also bought on Amazon for Tommy. Can you tell I love Amazon?


Stay tuned for a blog next week on oils. I am just starting to touch on that, but I am intrigued! Hope everyone stays happy and healthy this winter!

No comments