Tommy's Nursery Tour


When I found out I was having a baby, I immediately decided I was NOT going to have a pink or blue baby room! Our guest room was to become the nursery, and I loved the color (a perfect calming gray), so I thought why change it?  I chose Taylor nursery bedding from Pottery Barn Kids which is a simple white background with little gray elephants. I love elephants. They symbolize protection, wisdom, courage, strength, and good luck. I thought, perfect!
We already had the zebra print hanging over the bed and I read that the bold contrast of black and white is great for babies, so we kept it, and the wonderful Giraffe was a gift from Jerry Lewis. Put it all together, and a "modern jungle theme" was born.

Truthfully, the nursery has been a work in progress.
With the babies coming 3 months early, I skipped the whole "nesting" stage and wasn't prepared at all! It only took a year, and slowly but surely, it has all come together and we love it. Tommy seems to love it too!


The mantle is from my apartment in New York. Someone put it in the trash, and my "super" helped me drag it up to my apartment. I  cleaned it and it and painted it a gloss white. It's one of my all time favorite finds!


To keep the room bright against the gray, we used white, white, white eveything!


This picture was hanging in Tommy's incubator the day after Cali passed away. Some very special NICU nurses made it with Cali's little foot prints and a sweet little message to Tommy. I will cherish it forever. It sits on the mantle as a reminder that Tommy's sister is always with him.


Elephants!



This sweet changing pad liner was made with love by my mother inlaw.


We go over these ABC's of Genuine Happiness everyday with this print over Tommy's changing table.

Hope you enjoyed Tommy's nursery tour. Can't wait to see what this room turns into when he has an opinion!

Details:
Crib~ Babyletto Hudson Crib
Rocker~Ikea
Storage baskets~Michaels
Changing table~Ikea
Rug~Overstock.com
Elephant Rocker~Pottery Barn Kids
Teepee~Etsy
Crib bumper~Amazon
Turquoise Ottoman~Morocco/ Ebay
ABC's print~Zazzle.com

Have a great weekend!

No comments