Christmas Magic


My week has been crazy! Last minute Christmas shopping, a Christmas card photo shoot (yes our card will be a bit late), sending off packages and crossing my fingers they arrive on time, and cookie baking because I just HAD TO make shortbread stars! 

This morning I walked into Tommy's room, and there he was in his red Christmas jammies and he looked up at me with his wide eyed innocence, and crooked smile, and BAM!
 I was reminded what Christmas is really all about. This is our first Christmas with Tommy home, and I can't think of anything more special than that. I think about all the fun we're going to have with this little guy. I can't wait to decorate the tree with him, bake cookies for Santa and his reindeer, introduce him to snow and teach him how to make snow angels, and most of all, I  can't wait to see his face when he wakes up Christmas morning to all the gifts under the tree. Children definitely put the "magic" into Christmas.

Speaking of "magic," we took a break this week to visit our good friend Anne who is 99 years old! She is Michael's #1 fan, and had never met Tommy. Time got away from us, and we realized we hadn't seen her in 2 years! So, we took some time to see her and brought Tommy. She couldn't have been more excited. She kept remarking how it was the BEST day she's had in a long time. Anne is such an incredible lady. It's no wonder she is 99 and going strong! She's always positive, remains active, and always looks like a million bucks with her blond french twist! She remembers EVERY birthday and important date, and will send you a card with a beautiful poem she has written in each one. We have a box full of Anne's letters and poetry in our closet. They are too special to throw away!
 I promised Anne that we wouldn't let so much time pass again. It felt great to see her again and make her smile.


These shortbread stars are buttery AND beautiful! See recipe HERE!


Shortbread stars wrapped for dear friends.


A butterfly on our tree for Cali


My current bouquet. White roses and evergreen branches!


I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner! Hope everyone's Christmas is "Magical!"

2 comments

courtneyricole said...

Anne looks GREAT! So glad she is doing so well! Thanks for sharing the pic of her, Michael, and Tommy! How sweet!

Mama Up! said...

Beautiful, all of it. I feel like I need some kind of kick in the pants so I can get back the Christmas spirit. Too much to do - lots of it work, not fun, either. Makes me close up my heart, you know?