Festival of Trees




















Okay, I'll admit it. It's a little early for anything Christmasy, but I decided to check out Festival of Trees this weekend anyway! Festival of Trees is a holiday tradition here in Orlando, that benefits the nationally accredited Orlando Museum of Art (OMA). This year was the 25th year, and I'm really glad  I decided to check it out! 
As you stroll through OMA, you feel like you are in an amazing wonderland. Each room is filled with elaborately decorated & themed Christmas trees and vignettes created by local artists, businesses and designers.


Thought this rainbow tree was worth a pic! 

The Orlando Ballet donates beautiful ballerina tu tus, that hang through out. I, of course LOVED that little touch!

A local furniture store set up this 60's Retro display. So cool!

There is even a Gingerbread house room where local bakers design magical gingerbread houses for display and sale!

You end up outside in a lovely outdoor garden where you can stroll and even purchase special blooms and foliage of the season. Pink poinsettias? Who knew?
All in all, I am so happy I went. I got tons of ideas, was able to help benefit the OMA and it really put me in the spirit! If you are ever in Orlando in November, check it out! You won't be disappointed!

2 comments

JW | PEONY said...

I absolutely love tree festivals! That retro display is so amazing!

Anna Elder said...

Pretty! Love that first tree. I've been to the OMA once and I really, really enjoyed it.

Lovely blog!