The Ocean


I compare the past seven months of my life to the ocean. Full of highs and lows, like the tides. Grieving the loss of one baby while celebrating the life of another is complicated, and even though life is going well, it sometimes still feels as though I'm walking in a fog. 

Whenever I need to revive my spirit, I plan a trip to the beach.

When I was growing up, we summered at the Cape and those summers are some of the best memories of my life. Collecting seashells, eating lobster, swimming, miniature golf, and nightly runs to the local ice cream shop "Sundae School," was about as good as it gets for a kid!

Michael and I decided long before we had kids that we would have our own vacation spot, and for us it's Vero Beach. We've been going fot the past 3 years and always feel refreshed when we return home.  Now that we have a bit of time on our hands we can't think of a better place to escape, and heal.

Tommy sleeps to the sound of ocean waves and his eyes are the color of the Mediterranean sea.
I can't wait to introduce him to the OCEAN!

I can't wait to put his tiny little toes in the water....
I can't wait to touch his little toes to the sand......
I can't wait to see his reaction on his sweet little face when he swims for the first time....
and mostly,
I can't wait to rock him to sleep to the REAL ocean waves lapping the shore.

So we're off! Off to the beach. Off for a little fun in the sun, relaxation and most of all healing.
Have a great week everyone!

5 comments

Ashley said...

Hope yall have a wonderful time! The beach is one of my favorite places ever. It's instantly relaxing and more peaceful.

neonrs said...

Have a great time! I love all the little firsts with your baby. Make sure you get pictures of each first you are blessed with this week..time flies so fast when they are growing up.

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Such a sweet post! There is nothing like falling asleep to the sound of the ocean. I hope you and your family have the best time!

Anonymous said...

We hope this vacation provides much needed relaxation, rejuvenation, and healing! You deserve it! Can't wait to see the sweet photos of Tommy! :)
Love, Steve & Karina

Lea said...

Thanks everyone! Stay tuned for the vacation follow up! It will make you laugh!