3 Mom Secrets


Thanks to a very dear friend I received my 1st Mother's Day card in the mail today. I almost forgot I was a mom! Well,..... not really, but I forgot that I get to celebrate Mother's Day! In my opinion there are a lot of pointless holidays out there, but Mother's Day is NOT one of them! Being a mom is no joke! There is no job more gratifying, yet it comes a trememdous amount of energy and hard work! It's definitely the most important job I'll ever have.
If you were to ask me what I'd like for Mother's Day? Some alone time! I think all mothers can relate to this. There is very little "alone time" when you have a baby. Showering is a luxury. Even going to the bathroom alone is a luxury! 
I've received a lot of emails and comments since I became a mom asking how I manage to still blog, shower, cook, and even still wear make-up! Here are MY secrets!

BLOGGING SECRET























My blogging secret? I've learned to be a one handed typist and photographer! I actually don't blog as much as I used to, but I refuse to give up! I end up with a lot of pictures and blogs about Tommy, but since he's currently the biggest part of my life, thats ok! And...... he's pretty cute if I do say so myself. ( :

COOKING & MAKE-UP SECRET

I still cook at least 2 meals a day, and wear make-up. I promised myself that I would still cook and wear make-up after having a baby. Make-up just makes me feel alive and I prefer to cook healthy meals for Michael and I. My secret to accomplish these two tasks is the Bjorn! I honestly don't know how any mom can live without it! I have the basic original BabyBjorn. You don't need anything fancy. Many companies make baby carriers, and they come in all prices, colors and sizes. You can buy the BabyBjorn Original in "city black" for a great price HERE.

SHOWERING AND EVERYTHING ELSE SECRET

My husband is the BEST father imagineable, and I probably don't tell him enough! He never complains when I say,"Can you hold Tommy while I shower?" He works out of the house but manages to still get his work done when I need him to strap a baby to his chest for a grocery store run! He puts up with my pregnancy hormones and never ever complains. He wakes up in the morning, changes Tommy and plays with him for a bit so I can catch up on some sleep. Then the two of them wake me with a smile and a cup of coffee in bed. I know. I'm a lucky girl, and I couldn't do it without him.

Do you moms out there have any secrets that make your lives easier? I would LOVE to hear them!

GRATITUDE: Today I am thankful for MY mother who seemed to do everything with ease, and who I appreciate even more now that I'm a mother myself.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and grandmothers this weekend!

No comments