Tracey's summer treats

Tracey is one of my BEST "dancer" friends from college. I was thrilled when she shared this recipe with me for Free to be Lea! Tracey was looking for a healthy treat for her 2 kids and invented these delicious frozen fruit pops! They are not only simple and healthy, but seriously addicting! They have become my husbands new favorite treat! Guess they're NOT just for kids!




















YOU WILL NEED:
  • Bananas
  • Popsicle sticks (I couldn't find any, so I used coffee stirrers!)
  • Yogurt (Tracey uses Stonyfield Greek yogurt) 
Cut bananas in half. Pierce center of each banana with popsicle stick. Dip in yogurt of your choice. I used strawberry Greek yogurt because I thought that would go well with banana. Lay on a small plate or tray and stick in the freezer for a few hours. Done! You will LOVE this guiltless treats!

Tracey also shared a different version she makes for herself. She takes strawberries, raspberries and bananas, slices them up, dips them in the yogurt, and freezes them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. When they're finished, she peels them off and throws them into a ziplock bag freezer bag. Whenever she needs a sweet treat she grabs one of these "Healthy bon bons!"

No comments