Weight Loss, Recording, and Big Boy Beds


Is it really August?
I can't believe we've been in our new abode for 4 months now, and I can't believe this very HOT summer is coming to a close. Kids in FL are headed back to school soon, which is way to early in my opinion, but I'm sure I won't be saying that when Tommy starts school. We decided to wait on that for now because he's busy enough with his little group of friends, and curricular activities, and truthfully, we kind of like the kid around here! Anyway, what's more important than the school of life? Am I right?
I've lost 8 lbs which isn't easy mind you when you've had kids, and are a hiccup away from 44. 44?! What? Wow! Don't know when that happened, but I'll be dedicating a good part of my blog to "Operation Lea." I'll let you know how I achieved it, and why I found it so important. It took some soul searching, and a certain attitude mixed in with some healthy eating of course, so stay tuned for that.
Tommy has successfully slept in a big boy bed for the past few days. We are late on the big boy bed, but my attitude was simply why fix it if it ain't broke? So, that was the hold up, along with a little laziness on our part, but we did it! He fell out the first night but I scooped him up and put him back in and he has no memory of it. He asked for an ORANGE comforter for his big boy bed. Orange? This is not an easy task, but thanks to Pottery Barn Kids, I found this one on sale, and this alarm clock has been a savior for us. If you have small children I highly recommend it. Tommy doesn't step out of that bed until the ☀️comes up! It works! That and threats of course.
Mike has had a ton of studio work which brings him the most joy. I even helped record a song for him the other night, and Tommy is in recording studio heaven playing his instruments and dancing around to Gershwin. Like I said, who needs school right now? 

I made this skinny macaroni and cheese the other night, and it was a huge success. Tommy ate it right up which is the real test. kid approved!  
I'm onto the Netflix series Stranger Things. I'm on the 6th episode and while I like the whole 80's vibe, the jury is still out on whether or not I LOVE it. I'm not a sci-fi girl. Is that the problem? Maybe.
This micellar cleansing water has me sold. Don't know about you but I hate taking my make-up off at night. This is a face wash and make up remover in one and even takes off waterproof make up. No more excuses now. 
Are you an instagrammer? Check out Dr. Mona Vand's page. She's my healthy Guru! She's a modern pharmacist (right up my alley) and is beautiful, smart and inspiring. Love her! 

What are you up to this weekend? Mike is out of town, so Tommy and I will probably swim a bit, and take a little field trip to Ikea. We're also cat sitting which is exciting in itself.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments