The Ladies Who Lunch


My mom (aka "Mom Mom") came to visit us last week, and instead of doing our typical dinners out, we decided to be the "Ladies who lunch." So, everyday we'd skip out of the house while Tommy napped, and try a new place that we'd never been to. It was great! We could chat and catch up while eating delicious food uninterrupted by a two year old! So are you ready for some mouthwatering pics? Hope so!

First up was Rusteak in College Park. We started with the Peach Sangria and shrimp fritters. So good! Then Mom had the Par Burger, and I had the Blackened Mahi Tacos. Delish!
We both gave this place ✮✮✮✮✮!


Next up? The Coop in Winter Park. This Southern inspired fast casual dining experience was a hit! I went for the chicken and waffles while mom had the fried chicken. We both can't wait to go back. From the casual atmosphere filled with large farm tables, to the wide selection of southern favorites and the absolutely adorable name, we give it ✮✮✮✮✮.


Day three we headed toThe Outpost in College Park. Unfortunately we didn't have a good experience here. We started with the mussels which got an A+ for presentation, but not for taste. Too fishy! I had the Grilled Meatloaf Melt and mom had the Southern BLT. We were both underwhelmed. We'll give this ✮✮ because of the cute atmosphere, and adorable corn shaped corn bread. But not for the food. 


Day 4 we headed to a French restaurant in Winter Park called Chez Vincent. We both started with Bloody Mary's and then decided to order some mussels again hoping to have better luck, and we did! They were perfection. I had the Beef Bourguigon Crepe and mom had the chicken Crepe. Again, perfection. We finished with the Upside Down Apple Pie. We also gave this place ✮✮✮✮✮.


Next on our list was Pig Floyds. Mike went to this place and really liked it so we thought we'd give it a try. Mom had the Pulled Pork Sandwich and I had the Butter Chicken Tacos. We gave it ✮✮✮. I think I need to go back and order something else, because it was good but not great in our opinion.


On moms final day I took her to The Ravenous Pig in Winter Park. I had been but I thought she'd like it. There is a reason you have to have a reservation for this place. It's consistently good! We started with the Deviled Eggs, and for our main dish I had the Shrimp Tacos and mom had the Pub Burger (she's kind of a burger gal)! We both enjoyed it and gave it ✮✮✮✮ stars. Many people would think I'm crazy to give this place 4 stars, but while good I'm just never as impressed as everyone else.


So there you have it. I would highly recommend our Ladies who lunch idea, and I can't wait to do it again. If you are in the Orlando area, check out some of our 5 star picks.
Have a great day everyone.

No comments