Being Festive


Tis the season to BAKE! 
 Christmas cookies are kind of like Girl Scout cookies. They only come once a year, and everyone loves a good Christmas cookie so there was no way I wasen't going to bring a bit of festive into the house by baking some myself. Now that I have a son, I am trying to start some traditions and Christmas cookies are something I want Tommy to look forward to every year.  My mom used to make these green Christmas tree cookies made with a cookie press and they were just SO GOOD! A lot of work, but good!
My cut out cookie of choice will always be stars because, well.... they're just so pretty! This year I made sure to add colorful sprinkles (just for Tommy), and sure enough his eyes lit up when he saw all those beautiful colors. He now stands at the kitchen counter pointing up to the plate of stars screaming,"Cookies!" all day long!

These little beauties are "Peppermint Crunch Dark Chocolate cookies." They are a new recipe for me that I found on Pinterest and I will definitely be making them for years to come. They're mouth wateringly delicious, and SO EASY. I mean...... way too easy not to make! All you need is......

-Dark Chocolate Cake mix (I used Betty Crocker chocolate fudge) 
-1/2 cup of vegetable oil
-2 eggs
-1 bag of Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips

Mix the oil, cake mix and eggs together in a mixing bowl. No need to use a mixer. I do it by hand with a fork. Something a friend taught me years ago. A fork is the perfect mixer! Next add the peppermint chips. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into balls, and drop onto a ungreased non-stick cookie sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes or until done. You will know by the cracked appearance. 
These cookies are great if you are doing a cookie exchange because they make up to 40 cookies. Enjoy!

The next cookie I'm going to conquer are adorable "Grinch Cookies" that I found over at Karttina's Kitchen see HERE. They are just too adorable and easy not to make!


What are your favortite Christmas Cookie recipes?

1 comment

Michelle said...

Grinch cookies, how clever! My fave holiday cookie is Gingerbread - though I prefer snowflakes to gingerbread people. :)