My 4th Weekend

Hope everyone had a fun 4th of July! 
Mine was pretty laid back. The day of, we had a dear friend "blast from the past" visit, and that night Mike went to see a production of Dreamgirls. I stayed home with Tommy, rented a movie, and cringed everytime I heard a firecracker that might wake him from his sweet dreams. 
At the same time I thought about how fun it will be someday to take him to see the fireworks!
The rest of the weekend we spent seeing another dear friend, and rented yet another movie (see below). Having dinner and renting movies has become a typical date night for us. Atleast for now!
Berries are in season and so sweet, so I  made a nice Summery Berry Salad that we ate for lunch two days in a row because it's THAT GOOD and so SIMPLE! Also see below.
On the agenda this week? Our laundry room renovation. Pics to come. 

Check out this adorable and PERFECT onesie for Tommy. Thanks Stace Bass!

Summery Berry Salad
~1 bag of romaine lettuce. Any lettuce will do. Spring blend is also great!
~1/3 Cup of slice Strawberries
~1/3 Cup of Blueberries
~1/3 Cup Raspberries
~Shaved parmesan cheese (I use a ton)!
~Equal parts Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.

Toss everything together. So yummy and healthy!
Berries are full of pesticides! I make sure to wash mine with this fruit and veggie wash from the Honest Company. See where to purchase HERE.


Our date night movie. Have you seen it? It's fantastic! Rent it now! Let me know what you think of the ending!


And of course I can't forget about this little guy who changes more and more each day! He's my little cherib who chews on EVERYTHING (including my camera strap), talks to me in his little "baby talk," plays bashful, rolls over like a pro, and gives me hugs. I melt!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments