Dear Sweet Son...

I look at my sweet son and imagine the man he will become someday. I pray he is kind, compassionate, respectful, honest, strong and full of integrity. I know at some point his heart will be broken, (I dread that day) and I'm sure he will break a few hearts himself, but I hope he always remembers the most important person he needs to love is himself. 
If I could fast forward time 20 years, these are the top 20 things I hope to teach my son.....


1. FOLLOW YOUR PASSION. It sounds cliché but it's true! If you live your passion, you will know true happiness. 
2.. GUILT AND WORRY ARE THE TWO MOST USELESS EMOTIONS. GUILT is the past and WORRY is the future. You should always be living in the PRESENT. 
3. Always choose QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.
4. BE ACCEPTING of everyone and every situation.
5. KISS A LOT OF FROGS. You must kiss a lot of frogs to find your princess!
6. RESPECT YOUR ELDERS. With age comes wisdom and there is no substitute for wisdom.
7. LISTEN TO THAT LITTLE VOICE. It's your soul speaking to you and will never steer you wrong. 
8. GIRLS LOVE FLOWERS. It's such a simple gesture and it will always make her smile. ( :
9. CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS WISELY. Your friends are the family you choose for yourself.
10. HAVE FUN AND LAUGH A LOT. Whatever you choose to do make sure you have fun doing it and laughter can get you through just about anything.
11. LISTEN TWICE AS MUCH AS YOU SPEAK
12. TRAVEL. America is just the tip of the iceberg!
13. BE ON TIME
14. ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL. The grass is never greener. 
15. Remember..... YOU TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO TREAT YOU. 
18. NEVER MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON FEAR
19. Try to BRING POSITIVE ENERGY to every situation.
20. Always know YOU ARE LOVED.

3 comments

neonrs said...

Lea, I love your post! And he is so cute and growing so fast! Miss you guys. 00XX! He is going to be one fine guy!

Mom said...

LeaLea,

You are the most amazing daughter. This is just beautiful, and Tommy is so lucky to have you for his Mother.

Love you, Your Mom

Michelle said...

Pure joy and bliss, can't wait for these moments with our little one due in August!

Also - wanted to ask you about doing a maternity guest post...but couldn't find your email on your blog. Can you send me your email? lovelylittlethingsblog@gmail.com