Sat/Sun SIX

Hi everyone! I couldn't quite get around to my "Friday Five" this week, so I decided to do "Sat/Sun SIX!" This baby is taking up a lot of my time, but I am enjoying every moment!
Our weekend was nice. Gorgeous weather, surprise gifts in the mail, good food and a little relaxation. Mike and I stayed in (nothing new there) and continued to get the house in order. We decided not to finish the nursery until we're done having visitors, and the baby will be in our room for a few more months anyway. We celebrated St. Patty's Day by having a beer (O'Douls for me) and turkey shepards pie (see recipe below). It's so easy and delicious! Here are a few pics from the weekend.....

(Belated wedding gift from great friends! Boho chic bowls and plate from a local artist in Minneapolis)






















(New fushia flip flops for a pop of color. $2.50 Target!)


(Another gift from great friends. I am definitely cooking for Tommy)















(My little leprechcaun)























(Stemless wine glasses for everyday from Family Dollar!) Yes, ONE DOLLAR people!




















(TURKEY SHEPARDS PIE)

-1 lb Ground Turkey
-1 small onion chopped
-1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
-1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables (2 cups thawed)
- 1 16 ounce package of mashed potatoes.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet saute onions with a little bit of olive oil until glassy. Add turkey and brown. Get rid of excess grease. Add chicken or veggie broth and worcestershire sauce. Stir. Add thawed veggies and stir for another few minutes. Pour into 9X9 baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes and bake 15-20 minutes. Done! Serve with a salad and crusty bread.
Have a great week!

2 comments

Ashley said...

$1 for those wine glasses?? What a deal! I need to pick some up and add a touch of chalkboard paint to them for name tags!

lucent imagery said...

Making Daddy proud with his St Pat's bib! :)